At Houlon Berman, we have over 50 years of experience representing clients in criminal matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia. We take pride in the results we get for our clients. In every case, the prosecution bears the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The client has no burden of proof. It is always on the prosecution, plus the jury’s verdict must be unanimous.
In order to prove the offense of Trespassing on Posted Property, the State must prove the following elements of the offense:
- That the Defendant entered the property of another without permission; and
- That the property was posted or marked in an obvious manner against such entry
In order to prove the offense of Trespassing on Private Property, the State must prove the following elements of the offense:
- That the Defendant was notified not to enter private property
- That notice was given by the owner of the property; and
- That the Defendant wantonly entered the private property without permission
Our criminal defense attorneys at Houlon Berman have broad experience representing clients successfully in Trespassing cases. Our success derives from our uncompromising commitment to our clients, and hard work. Our clients receive a robust defense in each and every case.
If you have a Trespassing case in Upper Marlboro, Hyattsville, Bowie, Greenbelt, College Park, Laurel, Rockville, Bethesda, Silver Spring, or anywhere else in the State of Maryland, please contact us.