Trust Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Maryland to Fight for You
Getting into an accident with a big truck is the common motorist’s worst nightmare. No matter how large your vehicle, it is dwarfed by the size and strength of a truck built for heavy freight.
If you have been involved in a truck accident, there is a very high likelihood that you, or someone with you, were injured. If these injuries have caused serious or lasting harm, or if the medical costs associated with recovery have been significant, you may have unexplored legal options that could help you regain some, if not all, of what has been lost.
Being involved in an car accident is one of the most frightening and unsettling experiences many people have the misfortune of going through. A truck accident can taint the experience of driving and make you nervous every time you get into the car. The speed and power involved in even a low speed collision is terrific and when one of those vehicles is a commercial truck, the results can be truly terrifying.
Our lawyers can walk you through the following information regarding accidents involving tractor-trailers, and get you the legal help you may need.
Is Your Truck Accident Claim Valid?
Many people hesitate to file claims for damages of any sort simply because they are unsure whether or not they have a case. Don’t allow indecision to rob you of your just compensation for someone else’s negligence.
A long delay in taking legal action could rob you of any opportunity by allowing the statute of limitations to expire. All jurisdictions have a specific amount of time in which the victim of an accident may file claims. It is always better to file your claim and begin building your case sooner rather than later.
A good truck accident lawyer in Maryland will be able to evaluate your claim and advise you whether or not to pursue the case.
Types of Truck Accident Claims
Your claim will vary depending on the severity of the damage done, the reason the damage occurred, and the people involved. Several common claim types are:
- Personal Injury and/or Negligence: When you are injured due to someone else’s failure to take proper care in doing some action. In this situation a claim is filed against the individual responsible for your injuries.
- Wrongful Death: Family or legal descendants of a deceased party may pursue charges against those responsible for the death.
- Survival Claim: A survival claim is brought on behalf of the deceased to recover damages for injuries suffered by the victim.
Truck Accident Claim Values
The value of your claim will be based on a number of factors:
- Past medical bills
- Reasonably probable future medical bills
- Loss of past wages or earning potential
- Reasonably probable loss of future wages or earning potential
- “Noneconomic Damages” including pain, suffering, pre-impact fright, inconvenience, physical impairment, disfigurement, and loss of consortium. These are considered in both a past and future context.
If you are involved in an accident with a person who lacks insurance, your claims against them may be handled by underinsured motorist coverage.
Contact Houlon Berman Truck Accident Lawyers
If you have been in an accident involving a truck, van, or other commercial vehicle contact the experienced traffic accident lawyers of Houlon, Berman, Finci, Levenstein & Sandler for a free consultation.
Our experienced team can help you with accidents involving cars, trucks, tractor-trailers, motorcycles, and any other type of road vehicle. Our firm has over 40 years of experience serving Maryland residents in Montgomery County, including Bethesda, Potomac, and Rockville, as well as Greenbelt, College Park, Upper Marlboro, and the District of Columbia.
Return to the Houlon Berman Homepage